Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Home Again

So I've been home for a week, and what a relaxing uneventful week it has been. I start Grad School next week, so that will be a huge change so am just enjoying doing not a lot at the moment.

So the flight and travel home, although long was fine. At LA airport, there were a whole bunch of American students, all about 18 or 19, who were coming to New Zealand for a semester to study. I started chatting to some of them, and told them to ask whatever questions they liked. One of them piped up with

"Do they chicken in New Zealand, cos I don't really like lamb?" to which I couldn't help but have a wee laugh, and explained to her that although Lamb is one of our major exports, we eat pretty much everything that we do.

I had forgotten to ask for an aisle seat, which was annoying but as I slept so much anyway (amazing for me as I normally don't) it wasn't too much of a problem.

Coming off the plane in Auckland, I almost cried tears of joy, as they played this song as we were walking off:

Singing quietly to myself as I walked down the aisle, the flight attendant gave me a big smile and "Welcome Home" which totally made my day.

Although I still had to get to Christchurch on one more flight, and clear customs, I was home and it was awesome to be met by Mum and Dad at the airport. I love international arrival lounges at airports. I think that they are one of the happiest places in the world.

So I'm home. I had a fantastic time but am very much glad to be back and looking forward to Monday.

No comments: