Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pretty Ordinary

So I've been a little bit quiet on here lately.

I feel like I haven't been doing anything, because it's not out of the ordinary, but, other than giving myself an ulcer inadvertantly stressing about getting into Grad School (still haven't found out yet, but I'll post when I do) it's been pretty ordinary.

And that's how I feel my life at the moment is.

Both my sisters, Cesca and Tiki have done "lifestyle" posts recently. Posts about their lives and what they do in them. I thought I might do the same. Of course, my life is simplified by the fact that I don't have children. I admire how much both of them do. I feel like a lazy bum in comparison. And I am much "lazier" than I used to be. When I was at university, I also had 3 part time jobs, acted in a play and tried not to fail my courses. I was always out at parties or my jobs, and I never stopped. I got over that. I burnt out, and decided that it was nice on a day off, to just have a day off.

So, let's take a look at the stuff I do:

I have a full time job which takes up roughly 40 hours of my time. It is a pretty cruisy job sometimes, allowing me to check my emails frequently, do quizzes and occasionally write in this blog.

Every Monday I go to a Pub Quiz which I love, and it sorts out the competitive board gamey part of my nature out quite well.

I also do Aqua Aerobics which is heaps of fun, and very occasionally go to the gym.

I love movies and watch LOTS of DVDs. I don't really watch that much TV, except docos and the occasional reality show like The Amazing Race, and so there's not too much mindless drivel being watched. (except for the mindless arthouse drivel I occasionally get out on DVD, because I have heard it is 'amazing daaaaaaling' (speak that in pretentious snobby voice) but I am not fooled and see it for what it is - absolute crap that should be burned. If anyone wants a list of these movies no-one should ever have to watch, I'm happy to oblige. I do watch lots of good ones too.

I play Scrabble, I drink wine with my sister, I go to the occasional movie or show. I belong to a book club which I really enjoy because it isn't too pretentious and we can all choose whatever book we like.

I attend a couple of Couchsurfing events and meeting up with some travellers for a coffee and a chat, but really it's all part of daily ordinary life.

I don't inspire. I don't create. I just do some stuff.

Hopefully soon though, I will create more. I do love taking photos and have recently just bought this camera.



I haven't received it yet, but I am so excited! I am a bit of an ameteur photographer and I made a photo book a while ago which I love it. I hope to take more photos soon!

3 comments:

Frances said...

"I drink wine with my sister".

Snap! Me too!!

LK said...

Enjoy these days without children because once you have kids, these days won't occur again for about 20 years. Kinda like a comet really. I've got about 9 years until I see my comet again.

Treezy said...

Yeah I do like my life, but I do envy you the kid situation. I am nearing 30 now, and no prospect of children in the near future. I think I might be enjoying my childless days forever (to my dismay).

but hey, it's all good really.